Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Beginning- 001



Well my brother convinced me to buy this bloody book so I might as well start writing in it.

If your finding it and its not next to a corpse of a ugly fella with more scars than good sense and fangs then keep on the look out for that fellow because he's going to come looking for this book.

So where to start? I never have been one much for writing, don't mind reading but don't usually have time between fights to sit around like a scholar and wax about life. But my brother says we should write down our adventures since we've done so much stuff and maybe it will inspire some other fools like us to go out into the world. I think it may also serve as a warning but since I've already started writing in this bloody fool thing I might as well keep going. I'm not going to go rehash much the past few years since my brother and I set out on our own. We've been part of grand wars, both on the winning and loosing side, all glorious to the followers of the great war god Kord. We have been participants in the falls of nations and the rising of new ones, but we always move on once the fighting is over.What you do need to know it was after one our greater victories we rode off into the sunset and found ourselves in the desert which starts this whole story.

We wandered for some time but eventually found ourselves into a very strange city called Tal'Nir... I do not feel comfortable in the place as I told my brother... The walls were all perfectly white seamless stone, as if someone had grown all the buildings, houses and towers from the same stone. This place is a fortress with the strength of the stone but also reminded me of a gleaming tomb. I tried scratching the stone with my claws and even they could not dent the stone. Its in this odd town that Reid bought me this journal and convinced me to start writing in this thing. When we first arrived in town we decided to get the lay of the land by finding the most important things in any town like this, the taverns! I was dying for some good ale and a brawl to show the locals how strong Kord must be to have a follower like me but we didn't even have to make it into a tavern before a fight found us. While outside one of the more rowdy sounding taverns called the "Hole in the wall" Reid stopped to talk to a drunkard sitting out front, or at least someone pretending to be a drunkard. I could see his eyes were two focused even if he was trying to make him sway like he was ready to fall over. Reid wanted to ask him about the town but as we stood their two fellows skulked up behind us. I heard them as they came up and tried to steal Reid's coin purse. We confronted them and as our backs were turned the faking drunk decided to try and spit my kidney with a dagger, thankfully I had been keeping an eye on him and was able to doge out of the way by grabbing onto the sign for the pub and then kick the man into unconsciousness with the plate metal of my boot.

We quickly had the three subdued and turned out their pockets in an amusing turnabout, the taking the coin that they had stolen from others to buy us drinks and a room for the night. We left two of them unconscious and the third we sent running trying to hold his ass after we made him drink one of my brothers concoctions, this one made to turn a man's bowels to water and send him howling for a hole to squat in.

While at the next tavern called the "Heated Brew" I was served a meal by the taverns little mascot, a gnome. He seemed to take great offence when I mentioned how funny it was for them to have a mascot, i've known a few to have tavern goats but never a gnome. He seemed to think that he worked there. I explained to my brother since he's not as worldly as I that he couldn't work there since no one would give a gnome a job, they were so short they didn't have souls so they weren't really people. He evidently overheard what I said and the poor diluted critter and even spit in my food. I'm a soldier by trade, and have been since I was conscripted in my early teens. A bit of gnome spit is far down on the list of fowl things I had eaten over the years, I thanked him for the gnome spit since I had heard it was good luck and continued my meal.

While we ate I overheard a Wilden that was speaking with the gnome about a temple that disappears out in the desert. I was curious and after the Wilden left I decided to ask the gnome what temple they had been talking about but the poor simple creature must have had too short of a memory and said he didnt know what I was talking about. We instead decided to research ourselves. Weset off for the library we had heard mentioned in town and on the way saw that same Wilden riding a spider! A giant fucking ugly hairy thing. I had to resist wanting to pull my ax out and dealing with the critter. We eventually made it to the library which was staffed by some old crone of a dark elf. My brother asked me what she was and I told him what I knew, about them usually living underground and being terribly evil creatures that slept with spiders like the one we had seen. We avoided her other than a brief moment of asking for some direction where to find the right books. We were lucky enough to find a book on the temple, it describing it being a thousand years old and a temple to the god of un-death Vekna.

Vekna is hated by my god Kord so Reid and I agreed we must go and destroy this temple in the name of our gods. We even found a map of the place. As we were leaving I decided to put a little bee in that creepy dark elf's bonnet by taking a book I found on Abyssal Orgies and dropped it off in the kiddy section. Sometimes all the order of a place like that just pisses me off and I need to fuck with it. But somehow the ancient spider humping biddy knew, even though there was no way we could see and sealed the doors with us inside till we fixed it. Eh, it was all in fun anyway. After that Reid and I headed back to the tavern for tonight which is where I am writing this. Its about time for me to pass out, tomorrow we leave early and leave for that temple. It was odd though, when I was down stairs getting a few pints before bed there was a little raccoon sitting at the bar drinking from a cup as if it were a patron, it had a pack and a knife as well. This is a weird fucking city. Looking forward to getting the hell out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment